Thursday, April 30, 2009

VTA Point series week #1

VTA points series started at MSI last night! There were 11 official entries and 1 unoffical (John with his 2s, 17.5 car not counting towards points) entry in the class last night. Seemed to be good times - I kept my third position in the A-Main because Doug, whom was running right behind me and even ahead of me for a short period of time got into a battle with Mike and was laughing too hard on the stand to drive fast enough to catch up (take em how you can get em - thanks Mike!
1st place was Jeff's Cuda, Losi XXX-s running a 2s/21.5
2rd place was Bob's Mustang, XRay 007 running a 4cell/27turn (the car he won on sunday with)
3rd place was my Camaro running a 4cell/27turn

I don't know the order below me, but the contenders were
Mike's Cuda, XRay 009 4cell/17.5
Doug's Mustang, Tamiya TA05 2s/21.5
Rick's Cuda, XRay 007 4cell/27t

Mark, who didn't really have a qualifier to speak of having just finished his car while at the track, dominated the B main in his Tamiya running 2s/21.5, followed by Allan, who is the brave soul running the only 1970 Boss Mustang I have seen to date!

The track on sunday didn't have a huge straight, but the new layout, where nearly half your laptime was spent on the straight in this class, it was painfully obvious that the 21.5 guys were head and shoulders faster. I joked with Doug that I dreaded the day he could keep the car off the boards, because we wouldn't be catching him if he did... In the main, he would come out of the infield a turn behind me, and could easily have driven through me before the end of the straight - Mark even called it good bump drafting - I called it holding the tight line.

Fun time. contemplating a 21.5 already though as a very clean run was almost a full lap off the pace... Have to check my drivetrain though as a 5.47 came off @ 200 degrees in my car and a 5.4 in a friends came off around half that.

No comments:

Post a Comment