Thursday, May 21, 2009

VTA points week #4

Another week in and out! Not much has changed in VTA, but my longtime friend Matt has now joined the sport, and I believe we are the only two guys left in the class running the 4 cell 27T combo. Both Bob's have switched (one from a 1s 13.5, one from a 4 cell 27T), Mark's dad looks to have switched. Allan might be on 4cell, I haven't asked. I still managed to qualify 6th for the A main behind John, Mark, Jeff, Bob & Doug, but ahead of Allan and another John. The race went well, Mark and John were battling for the lead but Mark's car sounded god-awful and he was laughing about losing his spur gear, but was still battling with John for almost 3 minutes before the noise became a brain-numbing screeching and the car came to a stop. I was running in third behind John & Jeff (one lap down) up until about 30 seconds to go when Bob came up behind me and ran through the back of my car to get around instead of actually trying to pass and then just kept on driving. I closed back on him, but the half lap he took from me was too much to make up in the final half minute.

John with his Team Magic Camaro took the day followed by Jeff in his fat XXX-S Cuda and Bob in the Tamiya Mustang.

In the B-Main, Matt, on his first night out, with the coolest looking VTA car on the track (see my post from 2 days ago :D ) took home the win! He had to beat Bob driving a new car that looked pretty racy, and had to navigate around the Camaro-hating Tom in his bright green Cuda - The same Tom who seemed to always drive right into me when I was in the same qualifier as him. I actually got to watch Tom in the main and he seems to do a decent job driving his car when there are no other cars around, but as soon as there's another car in the vicinity, he went off line and steered right into the other car almost every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment