Friday, July 24, 2009

The end of the line for the Kawada... 0-3 for July

Well, last week marked the final race for the Kawada - at least for now. It wasn't a great week either, falling prey to stripping the rear belt and not having any power in the main. I still almost managed to finish third, but for a single boarding incident near the end of the race.

It's kind of sad too - I just put together the best handling version of the car too - I reverted to the Kawada steering after the servo debacle of the previous week, and reinstated the center support and ran my battery in the typical saddle pack fashion. Oh, and that new technology I poo-poohed in post #1 or #2... ya, I added droop screws to the arms!

I think the car can still be competitive at a lower level, but I race with some of the best, and I'm hoping to take a step up. I bit the bullet and purchased a BRAND NEW TOP Photon. Two nights ago was it's maiden voyage, and I feel the car performs much more consistantly, and I alread beat last weeks fast lap time already (by .2 seconds).

I'm going to keep on blogging the exploits of VTA - just at a different URL

http://vtaphoton.blogspot.com

Did I answer the question of being able to compete with old tech?

No comments:

Post a Comment