Thursday, January 22, 2009

Parts ordered

The Monday after the race I start trying to figure out what I want to do about batteries as the 2000's are a dicey proposition, and running one 4200 NiMH four times in one night just didn't sound like a good idea... Oh, and there is that little problem of the Turbo 30 TF as my charger.

Monday morning, I make the call to Competition Electronics and spend the $25 to get the firmware update to let the Turbo 30 TF charge hi capacity NiMH's. In my mind, it's a worthwhile purchase regardless of what I wind up doing.

I shop ebay, I shop the rectech.net for sale forums, I'm rather undecided about what I want to do - there's cheap LiPo's on ebay straight from Hong Kong, there's cheap balance chargers too... I make up my mind when I find an ad on rctech.net selling 3 4200 NiMH side-by-side packs for $10 each plus shipping. I commit to buying those and running NiMH for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment