Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kawada VTA car 1.5

So, this continued traction rolling of the Kawada with a LiPo in it has me scrambling to come up with a solution. I've shelved the 13.5 car - which had some unique hop-up parts on it - and stolen the Yokomo shocks, the rear toe adjustment piece, the lightweight aluminum locking nuts for the wheels, and the rear belt tensioner and installed them all on the VTA car. I've gone to softer springs now as there is absolutely no rubber on the bottom of the chassis, telling me it's probably grabbing the side of the tire and rolling as opposed to using up the suspension first. I've revised the ride height downward to be 5.35mm rear and 5.25mm front, and have taken out front caster by flattening the mounting position of the lower arm. Lastly, I have added my own upper link holes in the front and rear shock towers so the upper links are as long as physically possible (quite a bit longer than possible with the stock mounting locations) and also made them parallel to the lower arms at the current ride height.

(Pics forthcoming...)

That may not completely solve it, but I think the car has gone under weight by a bit which means I will be adding some lead weights onto the lower deck of the chassis which will lower the CG a bit and may stabilize the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment