Monday, June 8, 2009

VTA LiPo/21.5 Pics

So, I guess I'm not necessarily running old-tech anymore except for the chassis itself. I am now outpacing a couple of drivers I noted were really giving me a run for my money when I ran 4cell/27t by a couple laps!

Got the pics of the unusual layout I came up with for the Kawada to run in VTA. The car is perfectly balanced left to right without adding any weight (when counting a 15g transponder), however the lead on the chasis is to try and help that side stay down on the high speed sweeper at our track. I need to get the car to stay rubber side down when I'm really pushing it.









Ran on Friday last week too. Cleaned the rubber off the tires and got the car turning quite a bit better - too well in fact as it's going lid-over when I push it hard... I did improve from Wednesday though and was on a 28/5:08 pace in qualifier #3 before boarding it with about 20 seconds to go - would have been good for third fastest. In the main I was pushing hard battling to stay ahead of Kevin and heard a 10.5 called out - sadly the printer was out of toner for me to verify this. May add more weight just to keep the car off its lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment